Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Do You Have Dehydrated Skin?

Breaking Out while feeling dry? Looking a little dull? Seems to come from no where?

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate

I do pretty well on water. It's my main choice of drink. However, today I learned that because of my size and my workout routine I'm only drinking 1/3 of my recommended intake. I need to be drinking 7 bottles of water a day (wow!)

In other words, try drinking more water if you're having changes in your skin. I promise it will help. It's the absolute best way to purify you and hydrate the skin. When your skin has more moisture your natural exfoliation process is healthier. Dehydration can cause your skin to look dull and the dead and dry skin cells can block pores and cause breakouts.

You also want to exfoliate, but not to much. Exfoliating even every other day in the winter (pr any time) can be damaging to your skin. Give your skin some time to recover (every 3 or 4 days). Over exfoliating can dehydrate your lovely skin and cause damage. The more you rub the more you wrinkle! If your not exfoliating at all that could also be your problem. A balance amount of exfoliation and water is really great and needed to help keep your skin hydrated and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment