Monday, July 11, 2011

What Breakouts Could be Telling you...


 Hey ladies and gents. This is an awesome article about breakouts and what could be causing them that a fellow skin analyst wrote. She's actually really more of a skin expert :) My rare breakouts happen on my chin. After reading this article I made a personal connection. I've taken a genetics test were the results told me I shouldn't have much meat at all. Only 15% of my diet should be protein. In fact, my body would really respond to a vegetarian diet very well (I don't see that happening). Remember, 90% of your skin's health is external. That means 10% is internal. That 10% makes a big difference in how you feel about your skin's looks. This article just proved to me my test results and helped me focus better on what I put in my body. Everyone is different but I for one will be eating less meat with a more organic selection. Have a Healthy Day!

Blessings,

Jennifer

What Breakouts Could be Telling you...

By: Emily Friar



Did you know that the random patch of blemishes that pops up on your face when you least expect it can actually be telling you something about your health and eating habits?


Pinpointing the common areas you seem to get these blemishes can help you rearrange your diet and lifestyle to fight them in the future.

*Do you get them between your eyes and right above your nose?  This may be a sign that your liver needs a break from it’s daily toxins.  If you are a meal on the go kind of person, try giving your prepackaged and non organic meals the boot.  Load up on foods such as cruciferous vegetables (i.e. broccoli, cabbage, kale), red grapes, garlic, onions and berries.

*Do you break out on your forehead?  Your small intestine may be trying to tell you something.  Try slowing down during meals to help yourself digest properly.

*Do you get blemishes near the sides of your nose right before the apples of your cheeks?  This may also be telling you that what you are putting in your stomach isn’t working.  Try cleaning up your diet.  What is a clean diet?  Foods free of artificial preservatives, coloring, irradiation, synthetic pesticides, fungicides, ripening agents, fumigants, drug residues and growth hormones and those that are processed, packaged, transported and stored to retain maximum nutritional value.

*Last but not least, do you get breakouts on your chin?  This may be a sign that your endorcrine system is distressed.  Try limiting your meat intake and indulge in some other protein rich, and non hormone treated, foods.  Pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, plastics, detergents, perfume, heavy metals (lead, mercury, cadmium), and preservatives can also disrupt your endocrine system.

I guess it’s true - you are what you eat!  What you put in your body can improve your health both inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment